Re: Check constraints

Hello Sergei,

On Jan 09, Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions) wrote:
Hi,

Where can I find meta information for check constraints on tables?

You can see the list of check constraints in
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLE_CONSTRAINTS table.

I noticed they are listed, yes, but not with a definition.

Individual constraint definitions are currently only visible in SHOW
CREATE TABLE.

Well, that is... not quite ideal.

They'll be in INFORMATION_SCHEMA.CHECK_CONSTRAINTS when
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-14474 will be implemented.

But version 10.2 is the release version, right? I'm surprised that this
has been released without such functionality. As a tool developer and
as a database developer, I'd say this MDEV-14474 would be a requirement before a stable release is ready.

I've checked with both MySQL and MariaDB 10.2, this 12 year old issue hasn't changed either:
https://lists.mysql.com/internals/25437

Meta data information is very important.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database Workbench - developer tool for Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL,
SQL Anywhere, MySQL, InterBase, NexusDB and Firebird.