Re: Issue with setting up of MariaDB and solve issue MDEV-14896

Hi, Shinnok!

On Apr 03, Shinnok wrote:

> I encountered this too, the reason for the failure is that none of the
> helper scripts in
> storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/ are set as
> executable, including install-sh.
>
> Pasting the relevant lines from plain ./configure && make install in xz's source:
> --
> test -z "/usr/local/include" || ../../../build-aux/install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/include"
> /bin/sh: ../../../build-aux/install-sh: Permission denied
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... build-aux/install-sh -c -d
> ---
>
> Also the reason why this doesn't happen for other setups is most
> likely having gnu's coreutils from Homebrew or otherwise installed, in
> which case xz's configure defaults to using ginstall(1) instead of
> fallback install-sh wrapper.
>
> Can I get some pointers as to whether it is best to try and fix in xz
> tarball, PerconaFT upstream or workaround in cmake config?

I'd just 'chmod +x' on all scripts that need to be executable.

Could you do that, please? chmod them one by one until the build starts
working? Then just tell me what scripts need it and I'll fix it for the
next release.

Thanks!

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx