Re: Issue with setting up of MariaDB and solve issue MDEV-14896

Hi Sergei,

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 1:20 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi, Shinnok!
>
> On Apr 03, Shinnok wrote:
>>
>> I encountered this too, the reason for the failure is that none of the
>> helper scripts in
>> storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/ are set as
>> executable, including install-sh.
>>
>> Pasting the relevant lines from plain ./configure && make install in xz's source:
>> --
>> test -z "/usr/local/include" || ../../../build-aux/install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/include"
>> /bin/sh: ../../../build-aux/install-sh: Permission denied
>> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
>> checking whether build environment is sane... yes
>> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... build-aux/install-sh -c -d
>> ---
>>
>> Also the reason why this doesn't happen for other setups is most
>> likely having gnu's coreutils from Homebrew or otherwise installed, in
>> which case xz's configure defaults to using ginstall(1) instead of
>> fallback install-sh wrapper.
>>
>> Can I get some pointers as to whether it is best to try and fix in xz
>> tarball, PerconaFT upstream or workaround in cmake config?
>
> I'd just 'chmod +x' on all scripts that need to be executable.
>
> Could you do that, please? chmod them one by one until the build starts
> working? Then just tell me what scripts need it and I'll fix it for the
> next release.

Sure, apparently only install-sh needs chmod. I also created a Jira issue and an accompanying PR for a bunch of other issues I encountered building on the Mac. I can include this chmod also in this patch if you see it fit.

https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-15778 <https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-15778>
https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/691 <https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/691>

Thanks,
Shinnok