Re: [Commits] af15686: MDEV-16242: MyRocks: parallel slave on a table without PK can stop with ER_KEY_NOT_FOUND

Hi Kristian,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 05:11:44PM +0200, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Sergei Petrunia) writes:
>
> > MDEV-16242: MyRocks: parallel slave on a table without PK can stop with ER_KEY_NOT_FOUND
> >
> > DRAFT: If RBR event applier uses a secondary key or a full table scan
> > to locate a row, force waiting for prior commit to complete.
>
> I think if you wait_for_prior_commit() also for secondary key case, you
> should definitely restrict it to be only for conservative parallel
> replication, not for optimistic/agressive. Using a secondary key seems
> generally fine (as opposed to full table scan), and this problem should
> affect only conservative mode, no need to penalise optimistic/aggressive.
>
> (But maybe that is what is meant with "DRAFT").

Got it, thanks!

(This patch is indeed only for testing as Elena is still seeing some failures
and I wanted to rule them out).

Btw, I also have figured that MyRocks wasn't making thd_rpl_deadlock_check()
calls and added these:
http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2018-June/012653.html
http://lists.askmonty.org/pipermail/commits/2018-June/012652.html
but I'm still in the process of trying to get the benchmark results for this.

BR
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer
MariaDB Corporation | Skype: sergefp | Blog: http://s.petrunia.net/blog