Weekly Report

 Hi,

This week

   -
Started working on changing the build system to make the plugins call our functions instead of the library functions as per step 4 of MDEV-22895.

   -
I faced a lot of issues with cmake, as INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES does not work with CHECK_INCLUDE_FILES, and setting CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES in cmake/plugins.cmake did not affect storage/innobase/lzma.cmake.
The only thing that worked was STRING(APPEND CMAKE_C_FLAGS " -I${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/include/mysql"), but that sets the flag globally, so is not ideal.

   -
I spoke with some devs on the cmake IRC (#cmake), and it seems that InnoDB uses improper Cmake commands. It might be easier for the project to rewrite them instead of trying to work around the issues.

Next week

   -
Review the CMake files and finish updating the build system as per current standards.

   -
Continue work on step 5 of MDEV-22895.

Thanks,
Kartik