Re: 6768e3a2830: MDEV-22166 MIGRATE PARTITION: move out partition into a table

Hi, Aleksey!

On Sep 06, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

> > I did. I also grepped include/ for IF_[A-Z]+, we have
> >
> > IF_WIN, IF_EMBEDDED, IF_PARTITIONING, IF_WSREP, IF_DBUG, IF_VALGRIND
> >
> > together they're used on 165 lines. It would be very unhelpful, if
> > IF_DBUG would suddenly deviate from this scheme and would become a
> > special exception to remember.
>
> Okay, I'm not going to change that. Though IF_DBUG() AFAIR is used
> naturally only in a couple of lines. The dozen of other IF_DBUG() uses
> are only with one argument.
>
> So, do you still think DBUG_IF() makes confusion with IF_DBUG()?

A bit. It's not a showstopper.

I mentioned it as an argument, in case, for example, if you have two
almost equally good names, then this argument is against DBUG_IF, so it
could help you to prefer the other one.

But you can consider this argument and still prefer DBUG_IF.

VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx