Re: Additional promise to the MCA

Hi Monty, all

On 08/10/2009, at 5:24 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
It would be nice if Sun also could work with BSD, but we have learned
the hard way that they don't accept code under the BSD license :(

You mean Sun/MySQL then, because for Drizzle, Sun does work with BSD code. That's actually a nuisance to me since it allows them to dual-license Drizzle, which I reckon is a really bad idea - best if that were not possible.

Anyway, we come up with a workaround to safely be able to donate code
to Sun, so now we can finally start to submit them some bug fixes.

Seems to me like they're sidelining themselves.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org