Additional promise to the MCA

Hi all

As Monty blogged some time ago
http://monty-says.blogspot.com/2009/08/thoughts-about-dual-licensing-open.html
...we want to add a promise to our MariaDB contributors signing the
MCA, that we will not use their contributions to restrict other
licensees ability to contribute to Open Source.

This text has now been approved by a lawyer. The question is, is it
understandable?

**********************************

Additional promise to contributions under the Monty Program Contributor
Agreement

Monty Program Ab promises to each contributor assigning rights under the Monty
Program Ab Contributor Agreement, that when licensing 'products' (software),
that include a contribution, to other 3rd parties, the license will be either

 i) an Open Source license (www.opensource.org), or
 ii) another license, in which case:

* the other license will NOT restrict the licensee from making his own
modifications to the product, including adding other suitably licensed code or
other 'materials' from other sources (such as code available under suitable
Open Source licenses)

* the license will NOT restrict the licensee from publishing his own code or
other 'materials' including, but not limited to, under an Open Source license.

As a special note, it is observed that the Monty Program Ab Contributor
Agreement itself fulfills these requirements. Also note that this promise
does not not extend as a requirement to 3rd parties so as to restrict
their rights to license products containing contributions.

We are especially interested to get feedback on the understandability
of the last paragraph.

henrik
--
email: henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx