Re: mariadb-mysql command-line problem on CentOS 5.5 i386

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:17:15 -0700
Justin Swanhart <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Justin> Hi,
Justin>
Justin> To figure out which library is being linked in dynamically (ie,
Justin> the wrong one) use the 'ldd' tool.
Justin>
Justin> ldd $(which mysql) | grep mysql
Justin> or
Justin> ldd /path/to/the/binary | grep mysql
Justin>
Justin> for example:
Justin> [justin.swanhart@mybox ~]$ ldd $(which mysql)|grep mysql
Justin>         libmysqlclient.so.15
Justin> => /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15 (0x00000035a7800000)

I'll incorporate this into response, since it's a good troubleshooting
tip and I'm thinking this error will be encountered a lot (or at least
more than once) as people transition from MySQL to MariaDB.

My current plan is to create a troubleshooting article for the
Knowledgebase and then link to it in a reply to the original comment on
the mysql client page.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew