italian translation

Hello.

I appreciate so much your new Knowledge Base. The pages that are already on line
are very clear and complete, as the MySQL docs. But, unlike the MySQL docs, the
Knowledge Base has free licenses. For these reasons, I would like to translate
into italian - which is my natural language.

Am I allowed to do that? As far as I understand, both the licenses used (CC
BY-SA and GNU FDL) allow translations, as long as they have the same licenses
used by the original work. But I want to be sure before starting.

I can't translate all the articles, so I'll only translate some of the most
interesting documents. But, as the documentation grows, maybe I may try to set
up a group of volounteers. We'll see.

Regards,
Federico

Follow ups