New Knowledgebase Question

Here's a new question in the Knowlegebase about running MariaDB and
MySQL side-by-side on the same server.

http://kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-coexist-with-mysql

The text of the question:

Hello,

I'm currently using MySQL and would like to test MariaDB.

I only have one server, and don't wish to overwrite the current MySQL
instance.

Is it possible to have both MySQL and MariaDB to coexist within the
same environment?

How can I define the mysql client on which db to connect to? by port?

Many thanks!

Anyone with real-world experience in running (or trying to run) MariaDB
side-by-side with MySQL want to add a comment to (or answer) this
question? I thought I remembered seeing an email thread on this topic a
while back but my search-fu is weak today and I can't find it (well,
either that or I'm imagining things).

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew