Re: WL#4925 and multi-source replication

Hi!

Greg> Hi,
Greg> 2013/3/14 Michael Widenius <monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> I didn't think that sync_binlog=1 is required anymore for safe reliction.
>>
>> We are always using group commit in MariaDB 10.0 for the master, so
>> the binary log will be synced for each group commit, which is safe.

Greg> I have to use it in a DRBD config. When testing this config, I killed
Greg> mysqld with SIGKILL and sync_binlog=0 and failover start binary log in old
Greg> position, that caused duplicates on slaves.

Kristian, do you have any comments for the above?

Greg> With sync_binlog=1, this happens no more.

Greg> How to configure how often group commits are fdatasynced ?

They should always be fdatasynced.
Kristian ?

>> This is of course something that a customer can sponsor us, if they think
>> this would be useful for them....

Greg> We will discuss about that on March 27 ;)

Greg> --
Greg> Greg