Re: Change from MySQL to MariaDB - Problem with EVENTS-Table in information_schema

Am 20.12.2013 14:25, schrieb Frank Röhm:
>> You are right, I did the mysql_upgrade only the next day after I noticed
>> this issue and after a research about it.
>>
>> What can I do now?
>> Can I play back the information_schema db or ist this not a solution?

i would make a backup of the datadir, delete the database and use
"mysql_upgrade --force" after that because this database don't contain
any persistent data and should be automatically created

before using that big hammer try "mysql_upgrade -u root -p --force"
and restart the service after that, maybe that's enough

> And when I had done a mysql_upgrade command the next day, I got this:
>
> This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.5.34-MariaDB, use
> --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
>
> I guess that means, that this command was already done by the installer (aptitude)

maybe, my systems are secured and have no implicit users or unrestricted
ones because i strictly avoid that anything but me makes admin tasks

> Anyway I haven't read in any of the many MySQL to MariaDB
> Upgrade documentations that this command is needed.

that is a basic task for MySQL admins long before MariaDB existed at all
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-upgrade.html

> Could it be an incompatibility?

no, i migrated a lot of instances from MySQL to MariaDB