Re: Change from MySQL to MariaDB - Problem with EVENTS-Table in information_schema

> i would make a backup of the datadir, delete the database and use
> "mysql_upgrade --force" after that because this database don't contain
> any persistent data and should be automatically created

I cannot delete it, Access denied!

I did on the commandline as root:

MariaDB [(none)]> DROP DATABASE information_schema;
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to
database 'information_schema'

But a look into my permissions, I get all 'Y' for:

SELECT * FROM mysql.`user` u where User = 'root'

So I think I have a big problem now, havent I?
All databases of my applications on this server might work at the
moment, but I think it is a question of time, till I run into a severe
problem, with this issue.
I want to fix this.

> before using that big hammer try "mysql_upgrade -u root -p --force"
> and restart the service after that, maybe that's enough

This was the first thing I had done, after mariadb told me, that I have
to use --force, but without any change.