Re: R: question regarding innodb compression

Hi Frederico & Yoku,
Thanks for your responses!  Also, I had a question regarding the
environment in which you've been using compression- are they virtualized
instances or bare metal? Our db instances are m1.xlarge aws ec2 instances
(4 vcpu + 15G mem) and this is somewhat an unknown for us which is why
we're only moving some tables to compressed to try out- I'm just trying to
read up and find out as much as I can about compression and any pitfalls as
I can so that I can be better prepared- I am aware of the basic concepts
that it's more cpu intensive, but most of the material I've found states
that they're running on fusionio etc...so any insight/reading into running
on virtualized instances would help greatly

Jan,
We do have innodb_file_per_table set to 1. About your question - as I've
mentioned we've never used compression or barracuda before so we want to
tread lightly. Also considering that Antelope is the default file format, I
assumed that it was (possibly) stable/preferrable. Do you know if this is
the case?

Thanks,
Rohan