Re: Upgrading mariadb-galera-server

I would also recommend setting wsrep_OSU_method to RSU before running mysql_upgrade on each node.

Honestly I don't normally run mysql_upgrade for minor version changes, but I probably should and the docs do recommend doing so: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mysql_upgrade/. With the ability for zero downtime upgrades their isn't really any reason not to and I will in the future.

Bryan