Re: doubt - replication at same mysqld process

Flexview can probably help with  tables  denormalization that's mainly use to avoid joins on disks
About writes

To keep write performance you need to have table size of all inserted tables in memory ? so usage flexview for that help only if you have table A insert heavy purged but at the same time table B would need to have less indexes  and will still get same memory issues  and instead of doing single write you would need 2 writes A and B ?
Partitioning have been created for this purpose so if you can find a partition key that will always insert into the same partition than you can maintain both tables in memory .

About reads .

1 - if you can put all data in memory  you will be able to get 800K reads per sec . if your count , group by , etc parse more than 1M like 32 Million it will still do 50s  to get you a result .

Need a lot of slaves (cores) to satisfy 100 qps /s. that possible we have clients or users having Kilo servers to satisfy such requirements
 ( maxscale can help keeping those slaves in sync when you have so many)

2- If you wan't to reduce the amount of servers needed for big data computing or you can't offer to put all data in memory and also can't wait those 32 sec you can use a column based storage, those tools are dedicated for processing multi millions data reads /s  at the price of asynchronous ETL loading
You can try out InfiniDB.  documentation and binaries can be found from the MariaDB Portal

3 - Now if you think that you don't really need to read so many records like around a Million but that you can't afford to get memory , it's interesting to use TokuDB as it will parse less record per second in memory  vs innodb butwill use a lot lot less disks io compare to innodb or myisam. With heavy compression and fractal tree it is a drastic io reduction.

4- Other solution to keep memory low is using a good flash storage like fusion IO , it can produce 128K reads IO per sec using1/5 in memory  that would give you still the million parse in less than few seconds.

5 - If you have access to many nodes to compute the same request , you can think spider that can split every partition into a separate server . You will end up having data back in memory and spider can help you consolidate all results performed on each server , with 32 nodes you can probably get job done on all nodes adding the time to consolidate. This would be possible on basic query plan like group and sum of a single table . but it become more interesting if you need a million record count that end up into a single partition  where data stay in the memory on the destination server .

Hope it helps

Stephane.

Stéphane Varoqui, Senior Consultant
Phone: +33 695-926-401, skype: svaroqui