Re: doubt - replication at same mysqld process

the main table have 29M rows (39GB, servers are "small" and old
(2008), 16GB ram, 8core dual-cpu xeon, raid 10 hd with 4 sata disks
250gb each, 4 1Gbps network card )
20+ process updating, deleting, inserting (oltp, 1000+ qps, i think it
will not grow with time)
5+ process running olap with big selects/group/order/min/max/sum/count
etc (some queries take more than 5 minutes to end, it's not a problem
to user, but a problem when use oltp+olap apps at same table)

today using replication to another server or mysqld process at same
machine i don't have problem, olap and oltp runs nice with different
mysqld process
but when i try oltp + olap at same table at same mysqld, locks begin a
problem, i was thinking about creating a replication at same server
but to different table (replicate table a to table b)