Re: After Fedora 22->23 update maria db doesn't start

Oh boy ...well I did get the service to start this way at least, but ...

[root@tiger etc]# systemctl restart mariadb.service
[root@tiger tmp]# mysql
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 10
Server version: 10.0.21-MariaDB MariaDB Server

Copyright (c) 2000, 2015, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

MariaDB [(none)]>MariaDB [(none)]> use mysql

Database changed
MariaDB [mysql]> show tables;
+---------------------------+
| Tables_in_mysql           |
+---------------------------+
| column_stats              |
| columns_priv              |
| db                        |
| engine_cost               |
| event                     |
| func                      |
| general_log               |
| gtid_executed             |
| gtid_slave_pos            |
| help_category             |
| help_keyword              |
| help_relation             |
| help_topic                |
| host                      |
| index_stats               |
| innodb_index_stats        |
| innodb_table_stats        |
| ndb_binlog_index          |
| plugin                    |
| proc                      |
| procs_priv                |
| proxies_priv              |
| roles_mapping             |
| server_cost               |
| servers                   |
| slave_master_info         |
| slave_relay_log_info      |
| slave_worker_info         |
| slow_log                  |
| table_stats               |
| tables_priv               |
| time_zone                 |
| time_zone_leap_second     |
| time_zone_name            |
| time_zone_transition      |
| time_zone_transition_type |
| user                      |
+---------------------------+
37 rows in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [mysql]>

[root@tiger etc]# mysql_upgrade
Phase 1/6: Checking and upgrading mysql database
Processing databases
mysql
mysql.column_stats                                 OK
mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
mysql.db                                           OK
mysql.engine_cost
Error    : Table 'mysql.engine_cost' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.event                                        OK
mysql.func                                         OK
mysql.gtid_executed
Error    : Table 'mysql.gtid_executed' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.gtid_slave_pos                               OK
mysql.help_category
Error    : Table 'mysql.help_category' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.help_keyword
Error    : Table 'mysql.help_keyword' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.help_relation
Error    : Table 'mysql.help_relation' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.help_topic
Error    : Table 'mysql.help_topic' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.host                                         OK
mysql.index_stats                                  OK
mysql.innodb_index_stats
Error    : Table 'mysql.innodb_index_stats' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.innodb_table_stats
Error    : Table 'mysql.innodb_table_stats' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.ndb_binlog_index                             OK
mysql.plugin
Error    : Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.proc                                         OK
mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
mysql.proxies_priv                                 OK
mysql.roles_mapping                                OK
mysql.server_cost
Error    : Table 'mysql.server_cost' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.servers
Error    : Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.slave_master_info
Error    : Table 'mysql.slave_master_info' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.slave_relay_log_info
Error    : Table 'mysql.slave_relay_log_info' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.slave_worker_info
Error    : Table 'mysql.slave_worker_info' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.table_stats                                  OK
mysql.tables_priv                                  OK
mysql.time_zone
Error    : Table 'mysql.time_zone' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.time_zone_leap_second
Error    : Table 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.time_zone_name
Error    : Table 'mysql.time_zone_name' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.time_zone_transition
Error    : Table 'mysql.time_zone_transition' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.time_zone_transition_type
Error    : Table 'mysql.time_zone_transition_type' doesn't exist in engine
status   : Operation failed
mysql.user                                         OK

Repairing tables
[...]
Phase 2/6: Fixing views
sys.host_summary
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_host_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.host_summary' references invalid table(s) or column(s)
or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.host_summary_by_file_io                        OK
sys.host_summary_by_file_io_type                   OK
sys.host_summary_by_stages                         OK
sys.host_summary_by_statement_latency              OK
sys.host_summary_by_statement_type                 OK
sys.innodb_buffer_stats_by_schema                  OK
sys.innodb_buffer_stats_by_table                   OK
sys.innodb_lock_waits                              OK
sys.io_by_thread_by_latency                        OK
sys.io_global_by_file_by_bytes                     OK
sys.io_global_by_file_by_latency                   OK
sys.io_global_by_wait_by_bytes                     OK
sys.io_global_by_wait_by_latency                   OK
sys.latest_file_io                                 OK
sys.memory_by_host_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_host_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.memory_by_host_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table
'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_thread_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.memory_by_user_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.memory_by_user_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.memory_global_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.memory_global_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.memory_global_total
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.memory_global_total' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.metrics
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.global_status' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.metrics' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or
function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.processlist
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't
exist
Error    : View 'sys.processlist' references invalid table(s) or column(s)
or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.ps_check_lost_instrumentation
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.global_status' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.ps_check_lost_instrumentation' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.schema_auto_increment_columns                  OK
sys.schema_index_statistics                        OK
sys.schema_object_overview                         OK
sys.schema_redundant_indexes                       OK
sys.schema_table_lock_waits
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.metadata_locks' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.schema_table_lock_waits' references invalid table(s)
or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use
them
error    : Corrupt
sys.schema_table_statistics                        OK
sys.schema_table_statistics_with_buffer            OK
sys.schema_tables_with_full_table_scans            OK
sys.schema_unused_indexes                          OK
sys.session
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't
exist
Error    : View 'sys.session' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or
function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.session_ssl_status
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.status_by_thread' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.session_ssl_status' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.statement_analysis                             OK
sys.statements_with_errors_or_warnings             OK
sys.statements_with_full_table_scans               OK
sys.statements_with_runtimes_in_95th_percentile    OK
sys.statements_with_sorting                        OK
sys.statements_with_temp_tables                    OK
sys.user_summary
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.user_summary' references invalid table(s) or column(s)
or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.user_summary_by_file_io                        OK
sys.user_summary_by_file_io_type                   OK
sys.user_summary_by_stages                         OK
sys.user_summary_by_statement_latency              OK
sys.user_summary_by_statement_type                 OK
sys.version                                        OK
sys.wait_classes_global_by_avg_latency             OK
sys.wait_classes_global_by_latency                 OK
sys.waits_by_host_by_latency                       OK
sys.waits_by_user_by_latency                       OK
sys.waits_global_by_latency                        OK
sys.x$host_summary
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_host_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$host_summary' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$host_summary_by_file_io                      OK
sys.x$host_summary_by_file_io_type                 OK
sys.x$host_summary_by_stages                       OK
sys.x$host_summary_by_statement_latency            OK
sys.x$host_summary_by_statement_type               OK
sys.x$innodb_buffer_stats_by_schema                OK
sys.x$innodb_buffer_stats_by_table                 OK
sys.x$innodb_lock_waits                            OK
sys.x$io_by_thread_by_latency                      OK
sys.x$io_global_by_file_by_bytes                   OK
sys.x$io_global_by_file_by_latency                 OK
sys.x$io_global_by_wait_by_bytes                   OK
sys.x$io_global_by_wait_by_latency                 OK
sys.x$latest_file_io                               OK
sys.x$memory_by_host_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_host_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_host_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table
'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_thread_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes' references
invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view
lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$memory_by_user_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_user_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$memory_global_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_global_by_current_bytes' references invalid
table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights
to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$memory_global_total
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_global_total' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$processlist
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't
exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$processlist' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$ps_digest_95th_percentile_by_avg_us          OK
sys.x$ps_digest_avg_latency_distribution           OK
sys.x$ps_schema_table_statistics_io                OK
sys.x$schema_flattened_keys                        OK
sys.x$schema_index_statistics                      OK
sys.x$schema_table_lock_waits
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.metadata_locks' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$schema_table_lock_waits' references invalid table(s)
or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use
them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$schema_table_statistics                      OK
sys.x$schema_table_statistics_with_buffer          OK
sys.x$schema_tables_with_full_table_scans          OK
sys.x$session
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't
exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$session' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or
function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$statement_analysis                           OK
sys.x$statements_with_errors_or_warnings           OK
sys.x$statements_with_full_table_scans             OK
sys.x$statements_with_runtimes_in_95th_percentile  OK
sys.x$statements_with_sorting                      OK
sys.x$statements_with_temp_tables                  OK
sys.x$user_summary
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name'
doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$user_summary' references invalid table(s) or
column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$user_summary_by_file_io                      OK
sys.x$user_summary_by_file_io_type                 OK
sys.x$user_summary_by_stages                       OK
sys.x$user_summary_by_statement_latency            OK
sys.x$user_summary_by_statement_type               OK
sys.x$wait_classes_global_by_avg_latency           OK
sys.x$wait_classes_global_by_latency               OK
sys.x$waits_by_host_by_latency                     OK
sys.x$waits_by_user_by_latency                     OK
sys.x$waits_global_by_latency                      OK
Phase 3/6: Running 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables'

ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 312: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist in engine
ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 580: Table 'mysql.innodb_index_stats' doesn't
exist in engine
ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 583: Table 'mysql.innodb_table_stats' doesn't
exist in engine
ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 599: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist in
engine
ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 602: Table 'mysql.help_category' doesn't exist
in engine
ERROR 1932 (42S02) at line 603: Table 'mysql.help_topic' doesn't exist in
engine
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed