Re: [Maria-developers] More contributors welcome to MariaDB packaging in Debian

Hello!

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know more about the packaging project-it's current state and
> what exactly remains to be done.
>
> I was looking at the previous year's ideas page and there was no mention of
> the difficulty of the project. Could I know which projects would be good for
> someone with intermediate programming skills?
>
> Additionally, I am looking to participate in this year's GSoC program. So,
> would MariaDB be applying?

Colin already answered this well. GSoC is right now not active. If you
have some minor contributions before the GSoC applications open,
you'll have a better chance of getting chosen, so I recommend browsing
the issue trackers and take on something that looks easy and you feel
comfortable to start with.

>From the Debian issues, I think this would be a good one to start
with: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809022

If you are more interested in programming (and less about packaging
and systems engineering) take a look at the links Colin sent about
MaraiDB tasks.