Re: Creating Custom Storage Engine

I see... so the MariaDB top-half (by "top-half" I mean everything that sits
above the storage engine) doesn't do nasty things like caching? If it did,
then writes at other MariaDB sites wouldn't show up in reads performed at
the site caching the data.

If the MariaDB top-half does nothing more than essentially translate user
operations / queries into calls on the SE, then in theory nothing special
must be done to deploy MariaDB at multiple sites accessing a shared storage
engine.

Jonathan