Re: Reg custom port for maxscale binlog router

Hi Dipti,

[Sure, I ll take note of it to use googlegroups email ID for maxscale
questions].

That's true. I tried to use 5308 port as mentioned in maxscale
configuration sample for binlogrouter. When I configured and try to start
maxscale, its failed due to unable to connect to master. I enabled 5308 in
master db using firewalld. I am not sure how come maxscale binlog router's
listner connecting to mariadb using 5308 (because 3306 is default port for
mysql).

I just port forward the 5308 requests to 3306 and its started working, but
I am not sure what I did is the way we have to do. Then why maxscale
binlogrouter is not using directly 3306. Why do we need to configure a
different port (5308) to connect to mariadb. I am just asking myself these
questions to understand, looking for other expert's enlightenment as well.
Thank you for helping out.

Regards,
Karthick