Re: Reg replication and commit

Karthick Subramanian <ksubramanian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Below when I try at Slave DB:
>
> MariaDB [dr_repl]> select * from test_dr_repl;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
> MariaDB [dr_repl]> commit;
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> MariaDB [dr_repl]> select * from test_dr_repl;
> +----+------+
> | id | val  |
> +----+------+
> |  1 |    1 |
> |  2 |    2 |
> |  3 |    3 |
> 3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I wasn't really able to fully understand your explanation of your problem.

However, the above suggests you have an open transaction with isolation
level REPEATABLE READ. This is the only situation I can think of where a
COMMIT will affect the visibility of other rows. When you open a transaction
with REPEATABLE READ (with BEGIN, or with autocommit off), no new changes
will be visible until COMMIT or ROLLBACK. This is a basic feature of InnoDB
transactions, independent of replication.

 - Kristian.