Re: MariaDB Server 10.3 notes

Is anyone surprised by the lack of TokuDB support? Percona is primarily an
Oracle MySQL fork . The InnoDB changes in MySQL 8 represent something
entirely different. Good, but different.

I don't think I am being too speculative when I say, I am sure Oracle are
in no hurry to make MySQL a serious contender to Oracle just yet! But
MariaDB could.

Me and many others had hope that TokuDB would be the death of InnoDB in
MariaDB, and the catalyst to a truly amazing open source database.

RocksDB can still come into play later, but it's not going to help users
migrate from other RDBM systems, fix existing "missing" features from
MariaDB, nor is it anything I don't think, existing TokuDB users care
about.

Richard