Re: Problem with Master/Slave <=> Master/Slave <=> Master/Slave Replication

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:51 AM LinuXperia <linuxperia@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I am having a Problem with getting mariadb works flawless using a
> Master/Slave[1] <=> Master/Slave[2] <=> Master/Slave[3]
>
> If you want to have synchronous replication across all 3 servers I would
NOT recommend using this kind of setup. Please use Galera Cluster instead.

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/getting-started-with-mariadb-galera-cluster/

The First Time i was able to insert a row on the Master[1] Server
> and the data was reproduced/replicated to all servers.
>
> At this Time i thinked everything is fine now.
>
> But then when i tryed to deleted the new Created Row on Master[1]
> the Data was only deleted on the Master[1] Server while
> the others Servers [2] and [3] still had the data!

Probably something in your settings is wrong and/or servers are not
replicating. For example you have: binlog_do_db            = logedin_users
This means that statements will only replicate if you are connected to this
DB.

> I expected that the deleted row should be also deleted on all
> master/slave servers but it did not!
>
> How can i solve this Problem? And what is actually the Problem with
> MySQL/MariaDB? I am getting the impression that MariaDB is really bad
> when it comes to Replication/Sync of Data in a Distributed Architecture.

I recommend you read some more documentation and refer to the MariaDB KB
about use cases and replication configuration.

> As a Example let say on server has to reboot because of a Cloud
> maintenance. From what i see this MaraiDB server will be forever
> corrupted after the restart and never sync again as first it has to
> manually be adjusted to the master bin log position and second it has
> also be told to work as a slave after this.

You shouldn't have to do this if you've configured your servers and
replication correctly.
As mentioned before if you need a three server cluster setup I recommend
using MariaDB Galera Cluster. It is easy to set up in MariaDB 10.1.

Best regards
GL

Not really what i would expect from a autonomous replicating Master