Re: Issue with MariaDB-server-5.5.54-1.el6.x86_64

Morning Sergei,

Thanks for the response :)

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Clint!
>

> What could a fix be?
>
> * Include a new selinux policy into the rpm? - Is that possible?

This should definitely be possible, one other approach I have seen is to
create a separate RPM that just handles the policy stuff separately say
MariaDB-server--selinux.  Here is an example that I have found that talks
about Fedora, the process should be very similar for CentOS.
https://lvrabec-selinux.rhcloud.com/2015/07/07/how-to-create-selinux-product-policy/

A quick yum search on one of my CentOS 6 systems shows a number of packages
that seem to be doing this you may want to check out the rpm spec files of
some of the following packages and see if they help

 # yum search selinux | less
============================= N/S Matched: selinux
=============================
cjdns-selinux.noarch : Targeted SELinux policy module for cjdns
dokuwiki-selinux.noarch : SElinux support for dokuwiki
drraw-selinux.noarch : SELinux context for drraw
fts-monitoring-selinux.noarch : SELinux support for fts-monitoring
fts-rest-selinux.noarch : SELinux support for fts-rest
fts-server-selinux.x86_64 : SELinux support for fts-server
ipa-server-selinux.x86_64 : SELinux rules for ipa-server daemons
pure-ftpd-selinux.x86_64 : SELinux support for Pure-FTPD
totpcgi-selinux.noarch : SELinux policies for totpcgi
websvn-selinux.noarch : SELinux context for websvn
xrootd-selinux.noarch : SELinux policy module for the xrootd server
mailgraph-selinux.noarch : A RRDtool frontend for Mail statistics

I hope this helps ? :)