Re: Ubuntu 16.04, Accidentally installed mariadb-server on top of mysql-server

Here is an update:  In /var/lib/ ,  I have these four directories:

mysql
mysql-5.7
mysql-files
mysql-keyring

In the mysql-5.7 directory, I have found what appears to be my dozen or so databases that I created.  So yes, my data appears it was retained.  I have tarballed the data and am uploading it to an external device.  In the meantime, I am next working on bringing my data back in a way where an SQL server can see it.

It doesn't even have to be a robust, long-term solution.  I was intending on switching it over on Monday.  I don't really care if it only sort of works, I just need to extract the data as an SQL file and go from there.

Thanks,

Rich