Re: Ubuntu 16.04, Accidentally installed mariadb-server on top of mysql-server

If you currently log into Maria DB, execute *show variables like '%dir%'; *and
it ll show you a different value than your existing mysql's data dir.

In your MySQL conf file (usually server.conf in rhel for me), mention the
data dir as your old MySQL data dir (your dozen dbs location). Then restart
your mariadb, then you should able to see your dbs.