Time Zone help

All,

I am facing some strange issue, I believe its due to my ignorant, would
appreciate if you can help me out on this:

DB Server system OS CentOS.

I have loaded the timezone tables in mysql using:

mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root -p mysql

After loading, I have restrated the DB using systemctl restart mariadb:

Then I have tried below in DB:

select @@global.time_zone,@@system_time_zone;

[image: Inline image 1]

SELECT CONVERT_TZ( NOW(), @@global.time_zone , 'UTC' ), UTC_TIMESTAMP;

[image: Inline image 3]

SELECT CONVERT_TZ( NOW(), @@system_time_zone , 'UTC' ), UTC_TIMESTAMP;

[image: Inline image 4]

SELECT CONVERT_TZ( NOW(), 'EDT' , 'UTC' ), UTC_TIMESTAMP;

[image: Inline image 2]

For some reason, If I use named TZ in CONVERT_TZ function for FROM_TZ, its
always showing NULL.

Can anyone help me out what else i can do so I can pass the abbreviation or
named TZ in FROM_TZ.

Regards,
Karthick

PNG image