Re: Error when switching to MariaDB

I was afraid of that, but I was too tired to experiment along those lines,
else I could have screwed up in a spectacular way.

I examined the 900+ lines of mysql.sql and found all the ALTER strings
were commented in C-style, but removing the CREATEs would have eliminated
some of the key purposes of the file's existence.  I decided to manually
repopulate the user table.

I successfully granted the permissions to the respective users (except one
that will require a string copy of mysql.user.authentication_string since
I'm not certain anymore of the locations of that particular password in
the configuration files (possibly in two locations).

Things have been mostly sorted out and I greatly appreciate the help.  I
still have a problem to sort out, but it is distinct enough that it
warrants a separate thread.

Thank you very much!

Timothy D. Legg