Re: mariadb 10.2.6 make test failures

On 6/19/2017 12:55 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I am trying to build mariadb from source on a linux system.  I used
> this procedure:
>
> mkdir build
> cd    build
> cmake -DTOKUDB_OK=0 ..
> make
> make test
>
> The build goes fine, but the output of make test gives:
>
> 74% tests passed, 21 tests failed out of 81
>
> Total Test time (real) =  42.80 sec
>
> All the failing tests have messages in the log like:
>
> # Couldn't establish connection to server (null). Error (2002): Can't
> connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
> Bail out! Can't connect to a server. Aborting....
>
> All the above tests appear to be new to version 10.2.  I used the asme
> build procedure for version 10.1.23 and all tests pass, but none of
> the above tests show up on the earlier version either.
>
> What am I missing?  If the tests need a server running, shouldn't the
> tests start the server?

By default, the tests from the libmariadb (aka MariaDB Connector/C) are
built and run as part of the Unit testing.
To disable them, you need to add -DSKIP_TESTS=ON to your cmake command.
I know the option is vague and not easy to spot, but this will return
the Unit Tests for the server to how they were in 10.1 and earlier.

Brian