Re: mariadb 10.2.6 make test failures

Sergei Golubchik wrote:
On Jun 18, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

All the failing tests have messages in the log like:

# Couldn't establish connection to server (null). Error (2002): Can't
connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Bail out! Can't connect to a server. Aborting....

All the above tests appear to be new to version 10.2.  I used the asme
build procedure for version 10.1.23 and all tests pass, but none of the
above tests show up on the earlier version either.

What am I missing?  If the tests need a server running, shouldn't the
tests start the server?

We don't use 'make test' yet. Use 'cd mysql-test; ./mtr' instead.
Or, for faster tests,

   ./mtr --parallel 5 --mem

Thank you.  Worked well.

  -- Bruce