Re: Installing MariaDB Alongside MySQL

Am 15.05.2018 um 17:53 schrieb Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi:
> On 05/15/2018 01:34 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Worked but still important issue with systemctl. I wonder what's wrong
>>> with mariadb.service
>>> https://gist.github.com/mbnoimi/5920301ff79dcb88aab3ef7fa459733e
>> can you please stop posting links left and right?
>>
>> * that's all plaintext
>> * post it deirectly
>> * look in the errorlog
>> * post systemctl outputs (also for systemctl status)
>>
>> *what is that issue*
>>
>> likely your unit is missing the [Install]-section at the bottom which is
>> the reason you can't enable it - sorry but i hate it to guess
>>
>> [Install]
>> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>> _________________________
>>
>> i simply stripped down the unit to the relevant parts for get rid of
>> mysqld_safe because i don't think that you understand most implications
>> of the full unit i use and don't want a endless thread
> What a stupid arrogance person. I couldn't even complete reading your

[Install] is a *default* section of *every* unit - i showed you how to
get rid of mysqld_safe

and it has nothing to do with arrogance when i don't show you a ton of
over many years tested security/namespace settings and hence stop the
unit file before it because it just makes it harder to debug until your
daemon is running basically

ARROGANCE IS "Worked but still important issue with systemctl. I wonder
what's wrong with mariadb.service" when you fool don't describe said
problem - and no, nobody won't copy your unit 1:1 on his machine