Re: Upgrade paths through more major versions

Hi Michal,

it says the following

   - mysqldump <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mysqldump/> in MariaDB 10.3
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/what-is-mariadb-103/> includes logic to cater
   for the mysql.transaction_registry table
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mysqltransaction_registry-table/>. mysqldump from
   an earlier MariaDB release cannot be used on MariaDB 10.3
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/what-is-mariadb-103/> and beyond.

It means that you cannot use the mysqldump _binary_ from 10.2 and earlier
on MariaDB 10.3 version and beyond. That's OK because you don't need
mysqldump when restoring your data. And presumably, you won't use an older
mysqldump binary to dump your MariaDB 10.3 data, right?

Regards
GL