Re: How do I determine if versions of phpMyAdmin before 4.8.5 is SQL Injectable using sqlmap?

Am 17.04.19 um 18:55 schrieb Jeff Dyke:
> Reindl's (funny) comments aside.  Why still use phpMyAdmin in this day
> and age.  Nearly every maria/percona/mysql client supports ssh
> tunneling.  SequelPro on Mac, Heidi (or others) on Windows, and any
> windows client running through wine if your desktop/laptop is linux.
> Also developers can just use intellij or similar IDE's that have a
> database pane.
>
> Trusting administration to an exposed phpMyAdmin in this day and age
> frightens me greatly.  Also if you had an HIDS server running to track
> bad phpMyAdmin logins i bet there would be a ton of alerts.  I've
> blocked all such attempts in my IPS even though i don't have phpMyAdmin.
>
> I realize this does not answer your question, but if this fits into your
> architecture i'd say good by to that web interface.

because it's nonsense to believe that you can manage to handle everybody
which probably needs to access mysql with his restricted account to
learn how to use ssh-tunnles

and that you are plain wrong when you believe hand out ssh tunnels into
your network for every random monkey increases security

not talking about that he is obviously a 3rd party to a customer where
you have no say in that context

the problem is *exposing* phpMyAdmin for the whole world and asking
stupid questions like which version before the latest one instead just
update it and when you are too dumb building packages for the target OS
hire some one which is capable to do so or unpack that dmaned folder ph hand