Re: Issues cross-compiling MariaDB for ARM

Okay, so after some more toil, I've managed to get it to compile.

However, when I run mysqld, I get the error "A newer kernel is required
to run this binary."

My cross compiler compiles for Linux 2.6.27, and the target kernel is
2.6.31.8 - ancient I know, but I can't upgrade it.

If I run "file" on mysqld, I get the following:
./nas-sysroot/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ELF 32-bit LSB  shared object,
ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.27, not stripped

This all seems fine, so has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Hamish