Re: 10.3.x: unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'

Am 02.09.19 um 19:21 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
> On Sep 02, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> A deprecation warning was added in the MariaDB Server 10.2.2, well
>>> before it was Generally Available.
>>> That said, maybe there is a nontrivial amount of users who skipped the
>>> 10.2 release and upgraded straight from 10.1 to 10.3.
>>
>> come on and show me!
>
> Here, warnings as added in 10.2.2:
>
> https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.2.2/storage/innobase/handler/ha_innodb.cc#L874
>
> But you're still right, you did not see them.
>
> The warning (if I read the sources correctly), was issued when
> innodb_support_xa was changed run-time or when MariaDB was started with
> innodb_support_xa=0. For the initial innodb_support_xa=1 there was no
> warning (because 1 was the default value for innodb_support_xa)

smart admins prefer fixed configurations in case some sloppy commit or
minor update changes the default

well, and that's a problem given that you refuse to start the server
just because you don't understand a random config option and so no
matter how much tests one is running the matrix of available and
potentially silent disappearing options means "good luck when you update"

not only when you update, also when because of a changed or broken cmake
optionsthe binary of the old version supported something which the new don't

and the attitude of MariaDB adding new features to existing GA releases
or randomly break compile options between minor versions make that a
very uncomfortable world to live for admins

just don't refuse to start the service becaus eof such things

it's as simple as compile a list of all known and previous known options
and isssue only a warning instead of a fatal error if they are not
supported with the current build no matter why

innodb_support_xa=1 == deperaction warning
innodb_support_xb=1 == you recently added soemthing with a typo