Re: 10.3.x: unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 8:48 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> and yes, i assumed that a core developer other than you would look at
> that startup log, came to the conslusion "indeed, no warning there"
> and while read the few lines "indeed, the latest 10.2 version"

You are right that a warning should be issued for deprecated variables
if any value was specified in the configuration file or by a command
line option.

Unfortunately, I am not aware how a storage engine could distinguish
the compile-time default value from a user-specified identical value.
That is why InnoDB did not issue the deprecation warning for you.
Maybe you can submit a fix that would address this deficiency?

Best regards,

Marko
--
Marko Mäkelä, Lead Developer InnoDB