Re: Maria-db refuses to start

Am 13.10.22 um 14:16 schrieb Jogchum Reitsma:
Op 13-10-2022 om 01:46 schreef Daniel Black:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 12:27 AM Jogchum Reitsma
<jogchum.reitsma@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Anyone an idea why /home/jogchum/mysql_recover/linux-mkay.lower-test
can't be created and how to solve that?
In systemd ProtectHome=read-only is the default.

systemctl edit mariadb.service and add:
[Service]
ProtectHome=false

When I read /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service it contains

# Prevent accessing /home, /root and /run/user
ProtectHome=true

I know hardly anything about systemd, so not user waht I should do here?
in the open "/etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/override.conf" add what was told above

[Service]
ProtectHome=false

and "Prevent accessing /home, /root and /run/user" as comment in system services should tell you something

frankly why don#t you move the datadir out of your suerhome and change the path to the datadir in the config?