maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: R: TODO Tracking

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 11:18 +0000, Federico Razzoli wrote:

> --- Gio 1/12/11, Shaun McCance <shaunm@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>         Two options:
>
>         1) Keep a list of stuff in a wiki. The KB itself is a wiki, so
>         the
>         list could go write in the KB.
>
>         2) Use an issue tracker. We could use LP, since everything
>         else is
>         happening there anyway. We'd have to create a project on LP. I
>         don't
>         know how happy LP is with projects that aren't backed by an
>         actual
>         bzr repository.
>
>         Thoughts?
>
> I suggest the second option. If people will contribute to the KB,
> extra info will be needed (pages which need to be revised, assignees,
> "bug reports", comments, etc), and a single wiki page may not be the
> best way to store that info.

I think I agree with you in general, but if there's going to be a JIRA
instance soon we can use, setting up a different issue tracker seems
like a lot of wasted work. We'll just end up with a perpetually dead
tracker that will gather Google juice and distract contributors.

What I'd suggest is to create a Contribute page on the KB and include
a list of tasks as a section on that page. When JIRA is set up, we can
move all the tasks there, and link there from the Contribute page. No
dead trackers, no extra pages that can gather links only to 404.

--
Shaun