maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: R: TODO Tracking

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:03:51 -0500
Shaun McCance <shaunm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
Shaun> I think I agree with you in general, but if there's going to be
Shaun> a JIRA instance soon we can use, setting up a different issue
Shaun> tracker seems like a lot of wasted work. We'll just end up with
Shaun> a perpetually dead tracker that will gather Google juice and
Shaun> distract contributors.

True.

Shaun> What I'd suggest is to create a Contribute page on the KB and
Shaun> include a list of tasks as a section on that page. When JIRA is
Shaun> set up, we can move all the tasks there, and link there from the
Shaun> Contribute page. No dead trackers, no extra pages that can
Shaun> gather links only to 404.

This is a good idea. As per a previous email, I've taken the
contribution information from the about page and moved it to a separate
page:

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/contributing-to-the-askmonty-knowledgebase

I've also featured the article (so it appears on the main page).

Please create a section at the bottom of that page for tasks and let's
start populating it. :)

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew