me-tv-development team mailing list archive

[Question #65002]: I wanna make me-tv packages, compiled against libxine instead of xine-ui, will I get any regressions ?

New question #65002 on Me TV:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/65002

Hi,

I'm a lead developer of Ubuntu-based distribution (http://launchpad.net/baltix ), which uses Totem-xine as default media player and Me-TV as default digital TV application. Now we are releasing new version and wanna to include new me-tv 0.7.16 or 0.8 packages in our distro. Problem is, that me-tv uses xine-ui media-player, but we don't wanna to include one more media player into our distribution, also we are very short in CD space - even additional 2 MB for xine-ui are too much for us ...

So, I wanna make me-tv packages, compiled against libxine instead of xine-ui, and it would be very important to know if I get any regressions when using me-tv with libxine ? I'm asking this question because previous me-tv versions used libxine, but in 0.7 you started to use xine-ui media player instead - I found this in changelog:
Revision 220 (2008-10-12): 0.7.0 - Removed libxine in favour of xine player ...

Also it would be nice to know why you removed libxine in favour of xine-ui?

Thank you very much for developing excellent free software application :)

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.