From: Matej Kovacic <matej.kovacic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28/07/2009 10:40pm
Subject: Re: [Me-tv-development] Failed to create socket
To: michael.lamothe@xxxxxxxxx
CC:

Hi,

> What's your network configuration (ifconfig) and what does the Broadcast

> address say in the preferences dialog?

OK, now I see, you have to set up your IP address in Preferences

manually. Maybe this should be done automatically (an user should have

an option to select through which eth will broadcast).

OK, I did this and started broadcasting, but another machine oh the

network was unable to receive any UDP stream (yes, I disabled firewall).

I started (locally) Wireshark with filter udp.port == 2005, and it seems

no UDP packets are going out...

However lsof -nP | grep me-tv shows some open sockets...

PS On the other machine I tried VLC and Xine - no success.

bye, Matej

Follow ups