me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Re: Failed to create socket

Yes... I can,

One thing to check is, if you are using DHCP to obtain your IP, then
check that DHCP server may also be assigning a "broadcast" IP (see
picture)

So as you can see here in my case, my desktop IP is 192.168.0.2 but my
UDP broadcast port is 192.168.0.255 so for a remote client to see the
UDP packets from Me TV they will need to point to the specific
"broadcast" port if one is being specified.

Let us know how you get on...

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 04:14 +0000, michael.lamothe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Are you able to comment? I think that you had this working.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

---
Scott Evans VK7HSE
Phone: +61362291658
Mobile: +61417586157
Skype: vk7hse
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vk7hse.hobby-site.org
PGP/GPG Key ID 437E00F9

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.