Re: On the Code of Conduct

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 10:18 PM, Justin Zheng <justin.zheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that Luke's opinion on the matter should be valued regardless of his
> attitude towards Igno,

 appreciated, justin: you may be interested to know that it is a
systemic law of organisations that all contributions from all
contributors be valued and respected.  breaking this law has
consequences.

 also, it's very important that i correct a misunderstanding: i have
*no* "attitude" towards Igno.  if you look closely at what i have
written, you will find absolutely no evidence of an "opinion" or
"attitude" whatsoever.

 what you *will* find instead, after careful re-reading, is a simple
series of "if this and that then consequence X will result".  there's
absolutely no judgement in that *whatsoever*.

> even though imo it shows the importance of having a
> Code of Conduct.

 indeed.  and it is extremely interesting to note that the sarcasm
deployed by igno in his very first (and only) response, and the
various vociferous attacks "blaming me" as the "sole exclusive source
of all and any problems", are perfectly well permitted under the toxic
document that this project follows.

> However, I 100% believe that the benefits of a CoC outweigh not having one.

 absolutely i agree that there should be *some* form of document that
specifies acceptable interaction.  it is worth reiterating: i have not
yet received a single question - out of nearly a dozen responses.

l.