mimblewimble team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
minimal/simplistic very hot grin wallet
Idea for discussion:
a minimal grin "daily small spends wallet", what does it need?
1. db of owned UTXOs, say a `grin wallet backup` output.
2. private key material
3. crypto functions + power. battery?
4. 2-way communication with recipient.
Anything more, if it's only for spending?
Does a grin payer need to be fully synched with chain head actually?
- bad to defer publishing + Dandelion to the receiving node?
- no Merkle proofs handled by this wallet
- no capability to spend change transactions until after 1. refresh.
Goal platform: embedded (rust, yay!) or even a Java card or NFC device.
Bonus if form factor means security won't take it from you. Java on a "nfc
credit card" format is maybe the easiest psychologically if we target
If the above is too minimal, how about a short horizon validating node.
Potentially ring buffered, RAM only.