mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

[Question #121930]: How many clients can be supported?

New question #121930 on mosquitto:
https://answers.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/121930

I was wondering if you or anyone has done any tests or have this in production and know how many clients can be supported with a single server?

I know under Linux that there is a 1024 socket limit that needs to be adjusted, but assuming that is done, can I support 50,000 clients?  100,000 clients?

I see that the IBM broker has a limit of just 2,000 clients, so I didn't know if that was just a limitation imposed by their server, or perhaps a limitation with the protocol.

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.