Re: Build up a MQTT server with about 20, 000+ subscribers

Hi Joe,

> Our project need to setup and Android push notification service. I noticed
> many of projects are using MQTT protocol and I found this mosquitto.

Yes, MQTT can be a good fit for push notification. I saw in your
previous email you mentioned the tokudu demo. Please just be aware
that the demo does some very odd things that aren't necessary (such as
unique keepalive topics per client). Please don't just use their code
as-is.

> Any dashboard and UI for mosquitto to monitor?

It depends what you want to monitor. If you want to know which clients
are connected you could do as described on this page:
http://mqtt.org/wiki/doku.php/presence If you want to do other things
that can be handled through the protocol, your server side application
can do the work. There is also the $SYS topic tree which offers
limited information about the broker state but other than that you're
largely on your own at the moment.

> Is it possible to integrate DB/Memcache/Mongodb for message tracking?

Yes, this is something your server side application could do. I think
Thomas' recent email describing his thoughts was clear:
https://lists.launchpad.net/mosquitto-users/msg00088.html

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Roger