Wild card

Hello,
I have a doubt about wildcard usage. I can see something (perhaps) strange and before investigating in the wrong direction I want to check if this is simply my wrong assumption.

What I can see as an example is:

mosquitto_sub -v -h things.bluewind.it -t "#"
--> this shows immediately all topics that have been published as "retained", both beginning or not with a "/":
--> BUT then will only show topics being published NOT beginning with a "/".

mosquitto_sub -v -h things.bluewind.it -t "/#"
--> this shows immediately only the two topics that have been published as "retained" AND begin with a "/":
--> and then will only show topics being published beginning with a "/".

Is this correct and/or intended behaviour? It seems to me that the second situation is correct, but in the first situation I expect a coherent behaviour for retained / current pubs (why not show all topics, also beginning with a "/"?).

Thanks!! S

--
  Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
  M +39 335 6565749