SSL: Endlessly Enter PEM pass phrase prompt

I am trying to get SSL working.  I followed the directions here:
http://mosquitto.org/man/mosquitto-tls-7.html to generate the certificates
and what not.

When I try to connect to the server I get the below:
[image: Inline image 1]

1) In the first attempt, I typed in the wrong pass phrase, so I get an
'Unable to connect' error - this is what I expect.

2) But the second time I type in the correct pass phrase.  When I do so, I
get prompted for the pass phrase again and again.  From here on out, it
does not matter if I type the correct or incorrect phrase, I just keep
getting prompted until I CTRL-C.

Any idea what might be happening or how I could get around it?

More details:
I made the certs on Ubuntu, but am deploying the broker on Windows 7 Pro.
 My clients will be Windows, Android, and iPhone, so for now i am testing
with the Windows mosquitto_sub client and will move on to others when I can
run.  I have tried on multiple (Win Vista and Win 7) computers and have
re-made the certs and keys a half-dozen times and get the same thing
happening.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.
Steve

PNG image